Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Praise to God for my new identity in Christ

Primarily my identity is not in the fact that I am a diligent home educator, devoted pastor’s wife, passionate registered dietitian, or a physically fit personal trainer but that I am a new creation in Christ Jesus. Being spiritually dead in my sins, without God and without hope in this world, God infused in me new life when I repented and believed on Christ. Out of the richest of His mercy, God completely forgave me and gave me the gift of the Holy Spirit to abide in me. When I was a poor depressed soul, the Father who is all loving and sovereign chose to make me His child and started to radically transform me into the image of His Son and enabling me to call Him, “Abba Father.” I have new confidence to enter His majestic throne because of His shed blood on the cross. His resurrection power in me enables me to live as a citizen of the Kingdom not a citizen of this world. What a debtor I am! May I praise this gracious and awesome God since everything beautiful I have comes from Him alone!

No comments:

Post a Comment